Inserting a new rule
Inserting a new rule will automatically bring up the Rule Settings window of that rule. This window provides options and settings to determine, which entities in the current MAGNET Office project are going to be affected / how these entities are going to be affected.
You can start creating new rules by clicking on the Rules icon and selecting the rule type you wish to create. Right click on the rule type and choose "Insert" or hit "A". You can also double-click the rule type.
The Rule Settings window usually provides four types of Property Values to specify characteristics of a rule:
- Numerical Entry
- Width ...
- Text Input
- Group ...
- Selection Windows
- Group ...
- List Boxes / Bool
Editing an existing rule
Open the MAGNET Modeler rules window and select an existing rule you want to edit.
Perform a right-mouse-click on the rule to bring up the rule context menu:
1. Choose Insert... or press "A" on your keyboard to create a new rule.
2. Select Duplicate or press "C" on your keyboard to make a copy of the selected rule. This is recommended when you want to create multiple, similar rules.
3. Click Remove or press "Delete" on your keyboard to delete the rule.
4. Select Move Up / Move Down or press "U" / "D" on your keyboard to change the rule order.
5. Double-click the existing rule directly, click Properties... or press "Space" on your keyboard to open the Rule Settings window.
Reusing a Rule
MAGNET Modeler's architecture allows the user to save multiple rule settings so that they can be used in any future MAGNET Office project.
Configuration files (*ini) are external files and are not bound to one single MAGNET Office project. This means that configuration files can be reused in any other project.
Rules are layer-based and as long as the new MAGNET Office project file includes the same layer names, rules and configurations can be reused.